Monday, September 26, 2011

Updates on Fundraising totals and Katelyn

Hey friends!  I've got two things that I am very happy to tell you all about!  First off my post-swim recovery is on track.  As of two weeks ago all of my kidney function tests were back to normal and I am back at work full time.  After speaking with a sports doctor, it appears the mistake I made during the swim was exceeding the max recomended does of Advil in a day (Advil is broken down by the kidneys) and "next time" I need to alternate Advil with Tylenol (broken down by the liver).  Lessons learned right?  I haven't gotten back in the pool yet, but I'm giving that another week I think.

Second, I am very happy to report that so far the fundraising totals are at $8,000 with donations still coming in!  I'm still hoping to raise more in donations for Katelyn, but we are making great progress!  Thanks to everyone who has donated!  I'd also like to thank everyone who has sent letters and shared their own stories with me.  I will respond to each and every letter, but it just may take me a little while!

I do have one piece of bad news to tell you all though.  Last week Katelyn's family was told that she has relapsed for a second time.  I'm not sure what this means in terms of her treatment, except that the treatment she has been recieving isn't working.  I know that many of you are thinking about and praying for Katelyn and her family already-please continue to do so.  For more detailed updates on Katelyn and her treatment, here is a link to her caringbridge site:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katelynroker


Here's a picture from the swim-Katelyn on the support boat sporting a princess crown!  I just love her little toothless smile!  Again, please keep KK in your thoughts!


~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment